If your news feeds are anything like mine than they are filled with engagement and pregnancy announcements. It’s that time in our lives; half of our friends are buying houses popping out babies while the rest are still losing their phones in the bars. I am so happy for all my friends and already so in love with all the little babies I get to spoil. BUT as a girl there is that small part of myself that wonders when will it be my turn? Recently I decided to dig a little deeper and look at all the positives of being the single-no-babies-friend. Here are the lists I came up with:
- All the special events to buy new outfits for.
- Bachelorette Parties.
- By the time you get married most of your friends will have grown out of the drunken sh*t show stage- key word MOST…there will always be that one.
- You can give the best gifts- cause you know you do not have to buy diapers for yourself.
- When you finally have kids your friend’s children will be reaching baby sitting age.
- You can observe what to do
- You can observe what NOT to do
- You’ll always be the “cool auntie” (until you have your own children and the patience you had is gone)